Should a Bucher Municipal company or affiliate disclose personal data to another Bucher Municipal company or affiliate for certain purposes of the receiving company or affiliate, such company or affiliate is the controller according to article 4 (7) GDPR.
Bucher Municipal has not appointed a data protection officer according to article 37 GDPR save for the following Bucher Municipal companies: Bucher Municipal GmbH, Germany / Bucher Municipal Wernberg GmbH, Germany / Bucher Municipal SIA, Latvia. Furthermore, any inquiry, claim or concern regarding data protection at Bucher Municipal can be addressed to the following contact person in case no specific contact is listed in Section II: Division Data Protection Coordinator of Bucher Municipal, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +41 44 857 22 11.
The representative of companies and affiliates of Bucher Municipal domiciled outside of the EU or EEA respectively (article 27 GDPR) is Bucher Municipal GmbH.
Bucher Municipal collects and processes personal data of
- Users of its WEBSITES registered with Bucher Municipal;
- Individuals and legal entities purchasing and receiving/benefitting from products and services of Bucher Municipal;
- Potential or actual parties interested in products and services of Bucher Municipal;
- Recipients of newsletters of Bucher Municipal;
- Participants in research campaigns and opinion surveys conducted by Bucher Municipal;
- Participants in courses, seminars and other training organized by Bucher Municipal; and
- Users of WIFI provided at Bucher Municipal stores and other locations.
(together CUSTOMER DATA).
The personal data of CUSTOMERS is generally collected directly during the course of using the WEBSITE, in stores or at events of Bucher Municipal or Bucher Municipal retailers respectively or in direct communication via email, telephone or otherwise. However, personal data can also be collected indirectly, in particular through further acquisition of supplementary information from third-party data sources (e.g. social media, address brokers).
In particular, the following categories of personal data is processed by Bucher Municipal:
- Data related to individuals including but is not limited to first and last name, maiden name, address, residence, telephone number, email address, e, date of birth, gender, marital status, relatives, contact in case of emergency, pictures, etc.;
- Data pertaining to orders and purchases including but is not limited to payment information, credit card details and other payment details, billing and shipping address, products and services ordered and purchased, information connected to queries, complaints and disagreements relating to products and services or respective contracts entered into such as warranty claims, rescissions and disputes, information regarding CUSTOMERS blacklisted by Bucher Municipal, etc.;
- Data in connection with product and services marketing including but is not limited to information such as newsletter opt-ins and opt-outs, documents received, invitations to and participations at events and special activities, personal preferences and interests, etc.;
- Data concerning the use of the WEBSITE including but is not limited to the IP address and other identification (e.g. user name of social media, MAC address of smartphones or computers, cookies), date and time of WEBSITE visits, visited sites and contents, referring websites, etc.
- Data in connection with communication such as preferred means of communication, correspondence and communication with Bucher Municipal (including records of the communication), etc.;
- ·Data which was collected in connection with a customer program such as number of membership, access codes (including passwords), preferred langue, number of gift certificate, date and duration of the membership, payment information of the customer or a potential third party, information concerning the recipient of a gift, number of visits of the WEBSITE, purchase history, products acquired, etc. (besides all WEBSITE accounts, activities and events for which a CUSTOMER must register with his personal data and thus enter into a contract with the respective companies of Bucher Municipal shall be deemed a customer program for the purposes of this policy);
(together CUSTOMER DATA).
In addition, Bucher Municipal collects and processes the following personal data:
- Data of users of the WEBSITE, who do not register with Bucher Municipal (VISITOR) but may constitute personal data for example with social media (VISITOR DATA), the provisions of this policy regarding data collected from a CUSTOMER in connection with the use of the WEBSITE shall apply accordingly even though the identification of a VISITOR usually is not possible for Bucher Municipal;
- Information pertaining to employees and contacts of their dealers, suppliers and further business partners (hereinafter natural persons shall be referred to as PARTNERS their data as PARTNER DATA) such as in particular contact details, information regarding their function, information relating to the previous contact with these individuals, data regarding marketing activities (e.g. receipt of newsletters), information regarding business transactions, requests, offers, tenders, conditions and contracts, information related to professional or other interests of the individuals.
Within the framework of their business relationship, CUSTOMERS will be required to provide CUSTOMER DATA necessary for the establishment and execution of the contractual relationship and the fulfilment of the associated contractual obligations or required by law. Without this data, Bucher Municipal will generally not be able to conclude or execute the contract with the respective CUSTOMER. This also applies analogously to PARTNERS and PARTNER DATA. As any access to the WEBSITE is logged, connection data (such as the IP address) will always be logged; this is done automatically during the use and cannot be deactivated for individual VISITORS, PARTNERS or CUSTOMERS.
In accordance with applicable law, Bucher Municipal may process CUSTOMER DATA in particular for, but not limited to, the following purposes:
- In connection with services offered, conclusions of contracts (in particular purchases), executions of contracts (in particular purchase contracts and contracts regarding the participation at customer programs and events), maintenance and development of customer relations, communication, customer service and support, promotions, advertisement and marketing (including newsletters and mailing of promotional materials);
- Management of the users of the WEBSITE and other activities in which CUSTOMERS participate, operation and enhancement of the WEBSITE (including the provision of functions which require identifiers or other personal data) and further IT systems, identity verifications;
- Protection of CUSTOMERS, employees and other individuals and protection of data, secrets and assets of and entrusted to Bucher Municipal, safety of systems and premises of Bucher Municipal;
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and internal rules of Bucher Municipal, enforcement and exploitation of legal rights and claims, defense against legal claims, litigation, complaints, combating abusive conduct, engaging in legal investigations and proceedings and responding to inquiries of public authorities;
- Sale or acquisitions of business divisions, companies or parts of companies and other corporate transactions and the transfer of CUSTOMER DATA associated therewith;
- For other purposes as far as a legal obligation requires processing and such processing was evident from the circumstances or indicated at the time of the collection.
(together the PURPOSE OF CUSTOMER DATA PROCESSING).
Bucher Municipal uses the CUSTOMER DATA for the PURPOSE OF CUSTOMER DATA PROCESSING based on the following legal grounds:
- Performance of contracts;
- Compliance with legal obligations of Bucher Municipal;
- Consent of the CUSTOMERS (only insofar as the processing is based on a specific query and can be withdrawn at any time, in particular the receipt of newsletters for which the client has registered for); and/or
- Legitimate interests of Bucher Municipal, including but not limited to
- Purchase and shipment of products and services, also in connection with individuals who are not direct contractual partners (such as e.g. individuals receiving a gift);
- Carrying out advertisement and marketing activities;
- Efficient and effective customer support, maintenance of contact and other communication with CUSTOMERS outside of the processing of contracts;
- Understanding customer behaviour, activities, concerns and needs, market studies;
- Efficient and effective improvement of existing products and services and development of new products and services;
- Efficient and effective protection of customers, employees and other individuals as well as protection of data, secrets and assets of or entrusted to Bucher Municipal, the safety of systems and premises of Bucher Municipal;
- Maintenance and secure, efficient and effective organization of business operations including a secure, efficient and effective operation and successful further development of the WEBSITE and other IT systems;
- Reasonable corporate governance and development;
- Successful sale and acquisition of business units, companies or parts of companies and other corporate transactions;
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and internal rules of Bucher Municipal;
- Concerns regarding the prevention of fraud, offences and crimes as well as investigation in connection with such offences and other improper conduct, handling of claims and actions against Bucher Municipal, cooperation in legal proceedings and with public authorities as well as the prosecution, exercise of and defence against legal actions.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, Bucher Municipal may in particular process VISITOR DATA for the purpose of maintaining and developing the WEBSITE (including the provision of functions which require identifiers or other personal data), for statistical analysis regarding the use of the WEBSITE as well as for combating abusive conduct, for purposes of legal investigations or proceedings and for the response to inquiries of public authorities. The VISITOR DATA shall be processed in accordance with the principles set out for CUSTOMER DATA above.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, Bucher Municipal may process PARTNER DATA in particular for the purpose of entering into and performance of contracts and other business relationships with PARTNERS, promotions, advertisement and marketing, communication, invitation to events and participation in promotions for PARTNERS, organization of joint activities, compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and internal rules of Bucher Municipal, enforcement and exploitation of legal rights and claims, defense against legal claims, litigation, complaints, combating abusive conduct, engaging in legal investigations and proceedings and responding to inquiries of public authorities, for the sale or acquisition of business units, companies or parts of companies and other corporate transaction and related transfers of PARTNER DATA. The PARTNER DATA shall be processed in accordance with the principles set out for CUSTOMER DATA above.
All the purposes of processing shall be applicable for Bucher Municipal, i.e. not only for the company or affiliate of Bucher Municipal which initially collected the personal data. Personal data of CUSTOMERS, VISITORS and PARTNERS is collected for the purpose of all Bucher Municipal companies.
4. DISCLOSURE OF DATA AND TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, Bucher Municipal may disclose CUSTOMER DATA, VISITOR DATA and PARTNER DATA to the following categories of third parties who process PERSONAL DATA in accordance with the purposes set out above on behalf of Bucher Municipal or for their own purposes:
- Service providers (within Bucher Municipal as well as external), including processors;
- Dealers, suppliers and other business partners;
- Customers of Bucher Municipal;
- Local, national and foreign authorities;
- The public including visitors of websites and social media of Bucher Municipal;
- Industry organizations, associations, organizations and other committees;
- Acquirers or parties interested in acquiring business units, companies or other parts of Bucher Municipal;
- Other parties in potential or actual legal proceedings;
- Companies of Bucher Municipal
- Companies of the Bucher Industries Group
(together THIRD PARTIES).
Bucher Municipal may disclose CUSTOMER DATA, VISITOR DATA and PARTNER DATA within Bucher Municipal as well as to third parties and in every country worldwide, including in particular all countries in which Bucher Municipal is represented by companies, affiliates or other offices and representatives, as well as to countries in which service providers of Bucher Municipal process their data. If data is disclosed to countries that do not guarantee adequate protection, Bucher Municipal will ensure adequate protection of data disclosed by CUSTOMERS, VISITORS or PARTNERS by way of putting adequate contractual guarantees in place, in particular on the basis of EU model clauses, binding corporate rules or it bases the transfer on the exceptions of consent, conclusion or performance of contract, the determination, exercise or enforcement of legal claims, overriding public interests or it discloses the data in order to protect the integrity of these individuals. The CUSTOMER, VISITOR or PARTNER can obtain a copy of the contractual guarantees from or will be advised where to obtain such copies by the respective controller. Bucher Municipal reserves the right to redact such copies for reasons of data protection or secrecy reasons.
5. STORE OF DATA
As a rule, Bucher Municipal retains contract related CUSTOMER DATA, VISITOR DATA and PARTNER DATA as long as the contractual relation is ongoing, or Bucher Municipal has an interest in them (in particular an interest for reasons of proof in case of claims, documentation of compliance with certain legal or other requirements, operational reasons) or it is obligated to do so (by way of contract, law or other provisions). Deviating legal obligations are reserved in particular with respect to anonymization or pseudonymization.
7.1. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
(1) Bucher Municipal may use Google Analytics or similar services on its WEBSITE.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies” – text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information about your use of this website generated by the cookie is normally transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymization is enabled on this website, Google first truncates your IP address within member states of the European Union or other signatory states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information in order to analyze your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services for the website operator related to the website use and the internet use.
(2) The IP address provided by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies with a corresponding setting of your browser software. However, please note that, in that case, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) for Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available from the following link:
(4) Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) for Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available from the following link:
. As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsing on mobile devices, you can also prevent data collection by Google Analytics by clicking this link An opt-out cookie is set that prevents future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid for this browser and our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. As a result, further processing of IP addresses takes place in truncated form; this can exclude the possibility of personal identification. Therefore, if reference to a person occurs through the collected data, it is excluded immediately, and the personal data is deleted right away.
(6) We use Google Analytics in order to be able to analyze the use of our website and regularly improve it. The statistics gathered allow us to improve our content and present it in a way that is more interesting for you as a user. For exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has accepted the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for use of Google Analytics is Article 6(1) sentence 1 point (f) GDPR.
, data protection overview:
and the data protection statement:
8. SOCIAL PLUG-INS
Bucher Municipal may use plug-ins from social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn or XING on its WEBSITE. In the default setting of the WEBSITE plug-ins are deactivated; the user can thus choose when to activate them. Should the user do so, the social media providers are able to establish a direct connection to the user during his visit on the WEBSITE, which allows the provider to be aware of the user's visit and may analyze the respective information. The subsequent processing of the personal data will be conducted in the responsibility of the provider and according to his data protection policies. The provider of the respective social media offering will not disclose any information to Bucher Municipal.
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: [Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube]. We use the so-called two-click solution for this. This means that when you visit our site, fundamentally no personal data will be initially transmitted to the providers of the plug-ins. You can recognise the provider of the plug-in via the label on the box above its initial letters or the logo. We offer you the possibility of communicating with the provider of the plug-in directly via the button. The plug-in provider only receives the information that you have called up the corresponding page of our online presence if you click on the demarcated field to activate it. The data named under § 3 of this statement are also transmitted. In the case of Facebook, according to the respective providers in Germany, the IP address is anonymised immediately after collection. When the plug-in is activated, your personal data are therefore transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the USA in the case of US providers). Since the plug-in provider carries out data capture using cookies in particular, we recommend that you delete all cookies before clicking on the greyed-out box above the security settings of your browser.
(2) We have no influence on the data captured or the data processing procedures, nor do we know the entire scope of data collection, the purpose of processing or the retention periods. We also have no information about the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of their website. Such an evaluation takes place, in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and in order to inform other users in the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to revoke the creation of these user profiles, although you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Via the plug-ins, we offer you the opportunity to interact with social networks and other users so that we can improve our website presence and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of plug-ins is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(4) Data transmission takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged on there. If you are logged on to a plug-in provider, your data collected by us are directly associated with the account you have with the plug-in provider. If you click on the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and communicates it publicly to your contacts. We recommend that after using a social network, you regularly log out, but in particular before activating the button, since this enables you to avoid association with your profile by the plug-in provider.
(5) You can find more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plug-in provider in their data protection statements, which are given below. You can also find further information there on your rights in this regard and the setting options to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URLs with their data protection notices:
1.Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA;
2.Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=en
4.LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA;
5.Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg,
6. Instagram, 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
7. Pinterest, 651 Brannan St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Bucher Municipal may send newsletters or other commercial communications in connection with its products and services to CUSTOMERS and PARTNERS. In accordance with applicable law Bucher Municipal reserves the right to do so without prior consent of existing customers and business partners. However, the respective customers and business partners may object to a further mailing of newsletters or other commercial communications at any time through their account on the respective WEBSITE or through the link indicated in every mailing. However, the termination of one newsletter may not entail the termination of other newsletters, as well.
(1) You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button in one of the newsletters or by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com
(2) You can withdraw your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare this withdrawal by clicking the link provided in every newsletter email, through this website form, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a message to the contact data provided in the site notice. Please note that we analyze your user behavior for sending the newsletter. For this analysis, the emails contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which display one-pixel image files that are stored on our website. For these analyses, we associate the data named in §3 and the web beacons with your email address and an individual ID. The data is collected exclusively in a pseudonymized form, i.e. the IDs are not associated with your other personal data; the possibility of direct reference to your identity is excluded. You can object to this tracking at any time by clicking the separate link that is provided in every email or informing us through another contact channel. This information is stored as long as you remain subscribed to the newsletter. After you unsubscribe, purely statistical and anonymous data storage occurs.
10. BANNER ADVERTISING
It is possible that personalized advertisement is placed during the visit on the WEBSITE. Every banner advertisement displayed to the CUSTOMER contains products offered on the WEBSITE which have previously been looked at by the customer. The advertisement is generated by Bucher Municipal by the means of cookies (see Section I para. 6 above).
Should Bucher Municipal place advertisement of third parties on the WEBSITE (e.g. banners) or intend to place an own ad on the website of a third party, cookies from companies specializing in the use of such advertisement may be employed. Bucher Municipal will not disclose personal data to such companies, i.e. they shall only place a permanent cookie with users of the WEBSITE in order to recognize users and do so in the sole interest of Bucher Municipal. This allows Bucher Municipal to place aimed advertisements for these individuals on external websites (e.g. in connection with products for which these individuals showed an interest in the online-shop). Bucher Municipal will not disclose personal data to the operators of external websites either.
11. RIGHTS OF THE CUSTOMER, VISITORS AND PARTNERS
Any affected individual subject to the GDPR, including any CUSTOMER, VISITOR and PARTNER, may request information from Bucher Municipal as to whether data concerning them is being processed. In addition, such affected individuals have the right to request the correction, destruction or restriction of personal data regarding them as well as to object to the processing of personal data. Should the processing of personal data be based on consent, such affected individuals may withdraw consent at any time. In certain cases, such affected individuals have the right to obtain data generated during the use of online services in a structured, common and machine-readable format which allows for further use and transfer. Request in this respect shall be submitted to the contact person (see para. 1). Affected individuals not subject to the GDPR may have similar rights under applicable data protection laws. Bucher Municipal reserves the right to restrict the rights of any affected individual in accordance with applicable law and e.g. not to disclose comprehensive information or not to delete data.
Should Bucher Municipal make an automated decision with respect to a certain individual which may have a legal effect for the affected individual or seriously affect her in a similar way, the affected individual shall have, in accordance with applicable law, the right to communicate with a controller of Bucher Municipal and to request a reconsideration of the decision or to request the prior evaluation by the controller. In this case the affected individual might no longer be able to use certain automated services. The individual will be informed thereof subsequently or separately in advance.
Any affected individual may also raise a complaint with the competent data protection authority of the respective country.
12. CHANGES TO THE DATA PROTECTION POLICY
We use external service providers (“processors”), who might have access to your personal data. We select all external service providers carefully to ensure the protection of your personal data in the best way possible.
II. Specific Provisions
The following provisions shall supplement the general provisions set out in Section I above for certain activities of Bucher Municipal. In the event there is any inconsistency, the following provisions shall prevail the general provisions set out in Section I.
The creditworthiness of CUSTOMERS may be evaluated automatically in online-shops in order to offer the purchase on account based on this decision as far as this payment option shall be offered at all. In this case the credit rating is evaluated on the basis of information from an external credit rating agency, which will provide Bucher Municipal with a credit score of the respective individual. The agency will calculate the score based on a secret formula based on data on the payment history of the individual, its debt and insolvency history and possible limitations of its legal capacity. Should the score be below a certain threshold no payment by invoice will be offered. In this event the CUSTOMER may contact the following contact person if he is not ready to accept the decision: email@example.com.
Online shops of Bucher Municipal may automatically decide whether to enter into purchase agreements. However, Bucher Municipal does not deem this an automated individual decision according to article 22 GDPR. In the event the CUSTOMER does not wish such an automated entering into an agreement he has the option to purchase products and services from Bucher Municipal at physical stores run by Bucher Municipal and its retailers.
Any requests, claims and information regarding data protection may be addressed to the following contact person: firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel. +41 44 857 22 11.